2023 T.I.P.S. Webinars Series
Training & Insights for Procurement Success
Join us each month for free webinars curated to help small, minority, women, and veteran business owners improve core competencies and gain an insightful understanding of the State's procurement processes.
All sessions are free and require advance registration.
Registration opens approximately 3 weeks in advance.
Visit the Home page and sign up in the STAY CONNECTED
box at the bottom of the page to receive an email notice when registration open.
October 2023 - REGISTRATION will open soon!
- October 24, 2023
- Sales Strategies: How to Have an Awesome First Appointment
Do you want learn how to effectively engage in the sales process to close more deals? Prospecting is probably the most grueling part of the sales process. Few people enjoy the cold call and dealing with rejection on a regular basis. That’s why the appointment is such a pivotal stage within the sales process. You’ve communicated with your prospect over the phone and have arranged time in their schedule for a face-to-face meeting. Don’t take this lightly. This is the most important appointment you will ever have so you must bring your "A" game. Participants will learn how to prepare for the appointment, set goals, uncover the BIG issues, and close for the next step. Our guest instructor will discuss how small business owners and sales professionals can master easy and simple sales strategies that help them close big deals.
- October 26, 2023
- Maryland MBE Rights & Responsibilities
What rules govern the Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Program? Competition is tough in the State contracting arena. Your chances of success are much greater when you understand the rules. This is particularly important when performing as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). Join us for an in-depth look at the statutes and regulations in place today, as well as your rights and responsibilities as an MBE prime contractor or subcontractor.
- November 14, 2023
- Strategic Planning for Businesses
- November 16, 2023
- Maryland's Veteran-Owned Small Business Enterprise (VSBE) Program
- December 12, 2023
- Writing a Business Plan to Access Capital
- December 14, 2023
- Leveraging Your Certifications
What you need to know:
- There is no cost to attend the T.I.P.S. Webinar Series.
- Advance registration is required.
- Most sessions will be recorded; by registering, you are consenting to be recorded.
- Upon receiving a registration confirmation, participants are given a unique link to join the event.
- All attendees will be in listen mode only (your camera will be off and your mic is muted.
- Most classes include interactive polls and Q&A sessions.
To view the most recent recordings of our courses please visit our YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
Visit the home page
and sign up in the STAY CONNECTED box
to receive email notices of all our T.I.P.S. Webinar Series courses.