This is a race- and gender-neutral program. Minority status is not a criteria for participation in the SBR Program. (See Md. Code Ann., State Fin. & Proc. Art. §14-501.)
For-profit businesses, other than a broker, must meet defined eligibility standards to participate in this program as a certified SBR vendor.
SBR Program Eligibility Standards:
If you have questions about the SBR Program Eligibility Standards, please call 410-697-9600and ask to speak with an SBR Programcompliance manager.
The SBR Program does not apply to procurements subject to existing preferences for State Use Industries, Blind Industries and Services of Maryland, and sheltered workshops, or to procurements for which this program would represent a violation of federal law.
SBR Program Disclaimer
Anyone providing false information to the State of Maryland in connection with obtaiing or attempting to obtain a contract designated to the SBR Program may be subject to the followinbg:
1. A determination by a Procurement Officer that a bidder is not responsible;
2. A determination that a contract entered into is void or voidable under §11-204 of the State Finance and Procurement Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland;
3. Suspension and debarment under Title 16 of the State Finance and Procurement Article;
4. Criminal prosecution for procurement fraud ( §205.1 of the State Finance and Procurement Article), perjury, or other crimes; and
5. Other actions permitted by law.
The following documentation may need to be submitted and audited prior to an award being issued:
1. Three (3) years of federal tax returns (Form 1120 or Schedule C)
2. Articles of Incorporation, Organization or Ammendments;
3. Certified Payroll Roster; and/or
4 Unemployment Insurance Quarterly Contributions Reports (2 years).
Any Bidder or potential bidder failing to meet the minimum qualifications of a
“small business” specified in § 14-501© of the State Finance and Procurement
Article will be ineligible to participate in a procurement designated for the Small Business Reserve (SBR) Program under § 14-504. Any person or company bidding on a Small
Business Reserve procurement and not qualifying as a small business under §
14-501© will have its bid rejected on the ground that the bidder is not
100 Community Place
Crownsville, MD 21032
Toll Free: 877-558-0998